Conference theme: The reality of AI in learning: practical effects
Artificial Intelligence is forecast to be transformative in its impact on humanity. Globally, national strategies for AI roadmaps and investment plans are being created as countries rush to secure talent and advance interest in this promising research area. While AI is already making an impact in sectors such as defense, banking, and healthcare, education remains relatively untouched by AI in terms of classroom and day-to-day practices. Given the prominence now assigned to AI, it is inevitable that classroom practices will be impacted and all knowledge work will eventually be influenced by AI. This raises important questions about how we engage with AI and how it impacts teaching, learning. To meet this emerging reality, students, professionals and citizens need to learn how to interact with AI.
Empowering Learners for the Age of AI is a free, international online conference, building off of our successful 2020 event. We warmly welcome you to join this global conversation to engage productively with societal infrastructure powered by data, analytics and AI.
- What’s actually happening with AI and how is it changing classrooms, teaching, and learning?
- How can data, analytics and AI be used not to disempower or automate work, but to empower learners and professionals?
- How must modern knowledge systems (such as schools, universities, corporate training and development, government agencies) change to prepare people for an AI society?
- How to track and assess the qualities that equip people for this future?
- What will the learning ecosystem look like by 2030 and what might humans and AI collaborate in solving complex problems?
- Share the opportunities and concerns that you see: this is just the conversation starter!
Audience: The conference will be of interest to individuals with all levels of AI expertise, from beginner to advanced. World-leading researchers and experts will deliver keynotes addresses while discussion panels will explore implications in a range of sectors.
If your interests involve how data, analytics and AI will shape the future of learning, this open and free conference is for you!